For all they say- “Heard melodies are sweet but those unheard are sweeter”, can your poetry too weave magic by words? If yes, then it’s time to don the feather of an artist and cast a spell on your audience. Manfest-Varchasva presents to you Rohan, a spoken word poetry competition for all the aficionados with their original compositions, who believe that words and words are all they have to take our hearts away.
A feud on words or food for thoughts, a hill to climb or a slope to fall, a loaf to grind or a hope to bind, all to be decided in the arena.
Is it a path or is it a leap,
Will you conquer it or will you sleep?
- This is a Spoken Word Poetry competition where the poetry must be in Hindi or English only
- Only registered teams will be allowed to participate. Spot registrations will not be allowed.
- Participants have to submit an original poem of their choice by 5th November 2018 to the email address mentioned below.
- Any length and style of poetry is accepted.
- The Poem should be in English or in Hindi.
- Shortlisted participants would be invited on campus for the subsequent rounds.
Guidelines for submitting the original poem
- Mail the poetry at the e-mail ID: literary@iiml- manfestvarchasva.com
- File Naming convention MV2018_RHN_Participant_Name
- Registration Deadline: 23:59:59 hours, November 05, 2018
- Preliminary Round Submission Deadline: 23:59:59 hours, November 05, 2018
- Each participant gets 5 minutes to present their online submission in the forum.
- Use of props, musical accompaniments and singing is not allowed.
- Both the delivery and the content will be judged.
- Participants with the top scores will proceed to the final round.
- There will be three topics shared with the finalists.
- The finalists will be given 30 minutes to write a 5 to 10 line poem on any one of the topics.
- This will be followed by the presentation of the same to the panelists.