“There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds”
Get ready to build your castle of words and thoughts because imagination knows no bounds. It’s time to unleash your literary obsessions which go far beyond library trips. Teleport us into your Hogwarts with your flight of fancy.
Manfest Varchasva brings to you Potpourri for all the creative souls out there. Delve into the magical world of Potpourri where you cast a web of words to adorn a picture with an engaging caption. Then the magical carpet flies you to the thrilling waters where you enter the mind of a character only to save him from the Shipwreck. The fun doesn’t end here because now is the moment you create your own fanciful cosmos.
Come, make your own Potpourri!
- This is a Mix Bag Literary Event.
- Only registered teams will be allowed to participate. Spot registrations will not be allowed.
- There will be an image provided after the registration.
- The Participants will have to submit a caption for the image by 6th November 2018 to literary@iiml- manfestvarchasva.com.
- The caption should be in English and cannot exceed 150 words.
- Shortlisted participants would be invited on campus for the subsequent rounds.
Guidelines for preliminary submission
- Mail the preliminary submission to the e-mail ID: literary@iiml- manfestvarchasva.com
- File Naming convention MV2018_PPR_Participant_Name
- Registration Deadline: 23:59:59 hours, November 05, 2018
- Preliminary Round Submission Deadline: 23:59:59 hours, November 05, 2018
- Every participant gets to pick a chit from a bag containing names of eminent personalities.
- The scenario is such that all the participants are in a ship which is sinking in the next few hours and there is only one seat in the lifeboat which can save them.
- Each participant gets 2 minutes to present why they (the personality they represent) should get the seat.
- Brownie points for humor.
- Participants with the top scores will proceed to the final round.
- 6 Participants are given a topic and asked to speak about it without hesitation, repetition, or grammatical errors for a minute.
- Non speaking participants need to identify errors/pauses and claim to the moderator if he/she feels the speaker has made an error.
- During the claim the timer will be paused and the moderator has absolute discretion over the acceptance of the claim. If it is then the participant with the successful claim continues the discussion else he/she is penalised. (Find the detailed instructions in the Event Document)
- Participants are given 2 plot points in the beginning and given 1 minute to come up with a story that incorporates these 2 plot points.
- Participants will then be given 2 minutes to present the story
- Around the 1 minute mark, 1 additional plot point will be shared that must be a part of the narration. No time will be given to think.
- Judging criteria would be on the basis of creativity, structure, tone, grammar and flexibility.
- Registration deadline: 5th November 2018
- Preliminary round submission deadline: 5th November 2018
- Himanki Shahu: (+91) 860 006 7276
- Siddharth Gupta: (+91) 959 905 2170