Rightly credited as the cradle of Indian culture, Uttar Pradesh is the land whose history holds much influence and significance over our nation. This heartland of India which extends from the foothills of Himalayas and encompasses the Gangetic plain, is a land of diversity across facets including people, monuments, cuisine, religion art and crafts. In this land which shaped the extraordinary legends of Ramayana and Mahabharata, some of the greatest poets wrote some of their finest works, which has stood the test of time. In this land where the great Sultans, Mughals and Nawabs left their indelible mark of creative genius as monuments, a land where the mouth-watering Awadhi, Mughlai and Kumauni cuisine rule the palette, the plethora of experiences is mesmerizing.
UP tourism presents First Impressions, a rare opportunity to capture on film these footprints of time that still find relevance in the decorous land of Uttar Pradesh! From crafting a photo story, on any theme that catches your fancy, to portraying the beauty of Lucknow’s tourist attractions, the competition will encompass multiple rounds, challenging you to bring out the best. The winning entries get to take home prizes worth INR 30,000. So, dust-off those DSLRs, set-up those tripod stands and set out to capture a slice of this true marvel.
- Participants have to prepare a photo story around any theme
- 3-6 photographs can be used
- The format of the photos submitted should only be jpg or jpeg format
- A short paragraph (50-100 words) should be submitted in a word/pdf format explaining what were you trying to capture through the photos. A context of the story can be provided in the same paragraph as well
Submission link: https://www.dropbox.com/request/1qrlr3zAGsgQ9GjN9Ldu
Naming convention to be followed: "Team Name"_First Impressions_R1
This will be an on campus round. Further details will be shared post round I.
- Registration deadline: 12th November 2017
- Round I Submission: 12th November 2017
- Campus Round: 17th - 19th November 2017
- Akash Kejriwal: (+91) 987 129 3085
- Preetham Krishna: (+91) 888 498 8799