7 Sins to Hell
Do the phrases “Caesar’s Shift”, “Alberti’s disk” and “Enigma machine” make your pulse race faster? Have you always day dreamed about being an armchair detective of the likes of C. Auguste Dupin or Mycroft Holmes (yes, he’s NOTHING like the TV show character)? Are you an internet junkie, keen eyed with a sharp mind, ready to read between the lines?
While reading the above, if you’re mind says nothing else but, “Yes!”, “Yes!”, “Yes!”, then we have news for you. Good news, of course. Come hither to spend your waking hours indulging in the “7 Sins of Hell”, a crypt hunt like no other, brought to you by none other than IIM Lucknow’s Manfest Varchasva.
Lose yourself in this online maze of quandaries, as you move from puzzle to puzzle, breaking codes and ciphers. We promise you a mesmerising experience where your wits will be pushed to the maximum, racing against time and other fellow “pirates”, to put your hands on that final treasure. Stock up on munchies, get your little whetstones out and sharpen your minds for boy, are you going to need them. If the lure of a stimulating experience isn’t strong enough, well we have some amazing cash prizes too. So, close your eyes, take a deep breath, hit the register button, and enjoy the roller-coaster ride that is to follow.
Cash Prize Worth: INR 15,000
Winner: INR 7,000 | Runner Up: INR 5,000 | Second Runner Up: INR 3,000
- Open to All. Individual Participation
- Participants can register at dare2compete.com
- Quiz will begin at 00:00 hours, Nov 10 2017 on dare2compete.com and continue for more than 2 days (approximately 50 hours)
- A forum will be hosted at https://www.facebook.com/7SinsToHell. All further event updates will be provided on the same link. All the discussions of clues will take place here
- The contest will run 24 hours a day. The first three participants to clear all the levels will be declared as winners
- The treasure hunt contains puzzles and clues which can be solved by using your intelligence, skill and web resources. Further details will be specified at the time of launch
- Participants can’t expect to clear the treasure hunt in a day. Keep calm and solve. Hints will be provided from time to time
- Usage of any unfair means will lead to immediate disqualification of the participant
- Google and Wikipedia will be the Bibles for this event. All the images can be reverse searched using Google Images
- All decisions in matters of eligibility, authenticity and final judgment will be with the organizing committee of Manfest-Varchasva, IIM Lucknow
Winner Announcement: The first top 3 contestants to clear all the levels will be declared as winners
- Registration deadline: 8th November 2017
- Quiz Starts: 0000 hrs, 10th November 2017
- Utsav Sengupta: (+91) 943 397 0260
- Prakrati Mittal: (+91) 898 901 1296
- Surbhi Singhania: (+91) 776 008 5063